I got a disturbing phone call this week

A couple days ago, I got a disturbing call from a friend.

I’m sort of seen as the “health” and “self-reliance” guy amongst my friends so they reach out when they have questions. (It’s good to have friends like Frank Bates who help me seem smarter on the preparedness front too…)

Now this call would probably seem pretty innocent to most. But not to me.

He said, “Hey bud, sorry to bother you so late but our power’s out and I was gonna light some candles. Any other suggestions?

I said, “Do NOT light any candles. I know it may sound crazy. But people have died from that simple act when the power goes out. Please don’t do it. Even if you think you’ll blow them out before you go to sleep. It’s not worth it.”

He was caught a little off guard by how aggressive I was about the candles. But he listened, even if he thought I was a little nuts about the whole thing.

After that I told him what I tell all my friends…

Me: “That’s why you gotta get a solar powered generator.”

Him: “Why solar? I can go down to Home Depot and get a gas one tomorrow…”

Me: “Same reason as the candles. People have died in their sleep from the carbon monoxide poisoning from their gas-powered generator.”

Him: “Jeez, Jeff. You’re starting to scare me. I didn’t think a power outage could be that big of a deal.”

Me: “I know, it seems a little crazy but that’s why I use my Patriot Power Generator. It’s the only power source I trust in an emergency.”

I didn’t share that story with you because I wanted to scare you.

I shared it because it’s shocking to see what one seemingly harmless little candle can do to your life. The consequences are very real and can be deadly.

>>> You can watch the full story here

Look, I just want to be sure you’re prepared for an unexpected blackout.

If storms like Harvey and Irma taught us anything, if you’re caught unprepared, it can be a life changing mistake.

In fact, according to Dr. Massoud Amin, a professor of electrical and computer engineering at the University of Minnesota, 500,000 people per day in the U.S. lose power for at least two hours.

Make sure you’re ready if something happens.

God Bless,

Jeff Reagan

Editor, Patriot Health Alliance

P.S. Ok, even if you don’t think a generator is for you, if the power’s out, please don’t rely on candles. It doesn’t take much for you to forget one, or knock one over.

It’s just not worth it. Stock up on flashlights and batteries, if nothing else. You may be cold, but at least you’re not stuck sitting in the dark.

If you really want to be prepared, I recommend you at least Patriot Power Generator.

About Jeff Reagan, Editor, Jeff Reagan's Daily Health Newsletter for Conservatives

View all posts by Jeff Reagan, Editor, Jeff Reagan's Daily Health Newsletter for Conservatives →

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *